Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Paper Beads ((OLD DRAFT POST))

Hello!

Last night I finally got to sit down and take a stab at making paper beads. I have been wanting to do it for quite a while now, but I never had the time to sit down and do it. They have always intrigued me, to the point where I almost bought paper beads instead of making them myself! Which I felt would be absolutely insane because I have a basket full of magazines waiting to be upcycled!
So I started with an old fashion magazine. I cut a few test strips and wrapped them up around a skewer, using a touch of glue every now and then to keep it held together. Then I coated them with mod podge. This is how they turned out:
They turned out smaller than I thought they would, and one of them got stuck on the skewer. So this was a total test run. After I did a few of those, I dug out some pink/brown/white striped scrapbook paper and created these:
I feel the magazine beads weren't terrible, but I love the second batch I made with the scrapbook paper. They were much easier to cut and some of them have a bit of a tie-dye effect to them. 

I will be making more of these today. Now that I have figured out which way I like them more. I will most likely post more photos in my next post.


Do you make paper beads?
What kind of paper do you like using the most?
Which style is your favorite to make?




Cheers!
Jen


[I found this post in my drafts! I'm not sure why I didn't post it but here it is none the less :) ]


0 comments:

Post a Comment