Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Instagram is like the cool kids in high school

Hello all!

I have been doing a lot of research on how to get more interaction and followers for my jewelry throughout social media sites, and what I have come to learn is that Instagram is a lot like those cool kids in high school.
Instagram is all about hash tags and photos showcasing what your doing, what your wearing or what you're looking at. You want everyone to know, to see how cool you are, but if you use too many hash tags on a photo, you appear desperate. If you have boring photos or captions, no one will pay attention, and if you have bad quality images you will also lack the attention you are seeking. It just makes me think about how in school all the cool kids had the best stuff, you know, like the latest and greatest technology, music, etc. and those who had sub-par, it was cool a year ago stuff, get laughed at and then ignored.  Now I get how these things are important, and can really be used when looking at it from a personal aspect or a business aspect. I know that taking a quality photo of your jewelry plays such a major role in who will take the time to view it, and purchase it, but isn't this the stuff we were trying to get rid of after we graduated from high school?

It can be a real struggle to get your jewelry out there for the world to see, and even more so with no budget for promoting. Doing it all yourself can be long and draining, and sometimes you might not feel like you are one of those "cool kids" that seem to get tons of attention on social media without real effort. It can be disheartening but I will get there one day. I'm not sure I will ever want to be one of the "cool kids" but I would like to get the attention they do when it comes to my business!



Researching information about getting more interaction on social media has really helped me see what key ingredients I have been missing, and I am working to see if adding those key ingredients will increase, followers, views and interaction. Keeping everything regularly updated daily seems to be a big one that I really wasn't doing. I am trying out a  trial for a program called "buffer" which automatically updates some of your social networking sites, which seems great! I would love to find one that is free though, most of my money goes to supplies, so free is always fantastic.


What are your tips and tricks to getting more interaction of social networking sites?! I would love to hear them!




Cheers!
Jen

0 comments:

Post a Comment